Saturday, April 26, 2014

JEWELS OF LIGHT MINIATURES Copyright 2014 New Series

I started a new series of Miniature paintings in Acrylics, Oils and Pastels.  This series is painted in 1" x 1", 1" x 2" and 2" x 1" sizes in impasto palette knife techniques for the acrylics and oil paintings.  The miniature pastels are painted in soft pastels.  I have all these paintings for sale in my eBay Store.

This new series of miniatures are titled JEWELS OF LIGHT as the light reflects off of the textural impasto paints and soft pastel paintings.

This has been a fun journey so far as I never know where each painting is going to take me as I paint them free hand with the paints and palette knives... They are tiny little jewels held in the palm of my hand which bring me such joy.  

My themes have been mostly about the open space of landscapes with the brilliant sky and mountains and oceans.  I also love the floral garden themes with my acrylics, oils and pastel paintings.  Sunsets and sunrises are meaningful to me as they bring me tranquility and awe at the array of colors here in Miami, Florida.  

So here is a taste of these Miniature JEWELS OF LIGHT.

Enjoy...


No comments: