Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Exploring The Meaning Of Art and Life

I have been thinking about why I paint and sculpt. What is the importance of being an artist. Does it matter in the scheme of life? Why do I desire to get up each day and paint? I have been reading Dr. David Hawkins book called The Eye Of The I which is a sequel to Power vs. Force. These are great books! There is a quote from The Eye of the I which states:

" Art seeks to abstract this awareness when it takes one moment in time and freezes it in photographic art or sculpture. Each stop frame depicts the perfection that can be appreciated only when a single view is isolated from distortion of the superimposed story. The drama of every moment of existence lends itself to preservation when art saves it from extinction of transformation of material form called history."

A quote to ponder and explore within the context of being an artist.

No comments: